For Buyers: Condo Buying Tips
- Use a Buyer's Agent
- Why You Should Not Make Any Major Credit Purchases
- Be Wary About the Listing Agent
- Be Careful of the "Dual" Agent
- Getting a Legitimate Lender and Getting Pre-Approved
- Finding the Right Seller
- Build a Plan of Action and Get Ready
- Hot, Normal, and Cold Markets
- Importance of Inspection
- Avoiding Financial Stress
Use a Buyer's Agent
It's important that you choose an experienced agent who is there for you. Your agent should be actively finding you potential condo, keeping you informed of the entire process, negotiating furiously on your behalf, and answering all of your questions with competence and speed.
First, find an agent who represents you and not the seller. This is beneficial during the negotiation process. If you are working with a buyer's agent, he or she is required not to tell the seller of your top choice. In addition, he or she is also focused on getting you the lowest asking price.
Also, when you use a buyer's agent, you will see more properties. Not only are they plugged into their Multiple Listing Service, but they are actively finding homes that are listed as FSBO, or homes that sellers are thinking about listing.
Article by CLTA
- back to top -