For Sellers: Condo Selling Tips
- Getting the Highest Price in the Shortest Time
- Making a Good First Impression
- Know Why You are Selling
- Setting the Price
- Plan of Action
- Finding the Right Agent
- Considering Offers
- Insist on a Home Inspection
Plan of Action
- Analyze why you are selling - If you understand your motives, you will be able to better negotiate and to get what it is that you want, whether it be a quick sale, high price, or somewhere in the middle.
- Prepare you home for the buyer - Maximize the strengths of your property and fix up it's weaknesses. You want the buyer to walk away from your home with a lasting good impression.
- Find a good real estate agent that understands your needs - Make sure that your agent is loyal to you, and can negotiate to help you achieve your goals. In addition, they should be assertive and honest with both you and the buyer.
- Be prepared for negotiation - Learn and understand your buyer's situation; what are their motives? Can you demand a big deposit from them? Try to lock in the buyer so that the deal goes through.
- Negotiate for the best price and the best terms - Learn how to counter offer to get more from every offer.
- Make sure the contract is complete - Be honest with your disclosures; you do not want to lose the deal because you were lying or diminishing your home's defects. Insist the buyers get a professional inspection. This will protect both you and the buyer.
Article by CLTA
- back to top -